Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peppermint treats


Holy Goodness here we go!!!So for new years eve I just wanted a few simple snacks out that would be light and last. I had been eyeing something like this for a while and dying for the oppurntity to try it... i just knew i couldnt trust myself with a whole batch to myself or i would eat it all.... heehe but let me tell you i brought in the new years right polishing off this bowl anyway!!! :) Anyway... heres how...
 Pop one bag of popcorn, stick to whatever you like best. Light or plain will work just as much as that extra movie butter one!! On the stove melt 4 blocks of bakers chocolate, or a bag of whatever you like... mind you it was Christmas so I had an abundance of melting chocolate!!! Put in 1 stick of butter and a dash of salt. After that is melted throw in about 2 handfuls of your favorate marsh mellow... peppermint, mint chocolate, pumpkin spice... you name it!! Anyway, in a LARGE bowl add half the popcorn then pour half the melted mixture over it and toss. Continue with the rest. You can do it all at once i just find its easier to coat if you break it up, and believe me you want all those puffed peices covered in this scrumptious sauce. Then spread them over a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkly with salt and bake them at 275 for 20-25 min. Check and stir half was through to coat more evenly. When they are done take out and cool then ENJOY. These will have such a wonderful crispy texture and decident taste!!!! I like to add a little more salt to these sweet bites.... and trust me this is the best popcorn you have ever eaten!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment