Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Been too LONG

   So to say the very least I have been quite the busy bee and when I land I normally have crashed and crashed hard. Typing in front of a comp is what I do all day, then waitress at night.... 2 things I want nothing to do with once im home. But things are better now, I have found my balance and I am truly amazed at all God has done with me in this time. He has actually shown me how to be happy slowed down and He is doing a wonderful job providing for us. After serving for 9 years I have a tendancy to veiw nights and weekends too important (financially) to just sit at home or be out spending money so I worked... alot, all the time. Starting Jan God gave me no choice but to wait, listen, trust and slow down... have to say I love it!! Yes I still have 2 jobs but I balance them well, I veiw things different and count it all a blessing from God knowing what is truly important.
     I am learning to be more layed back which is a first. After the first month of hair pulling stress at my new job (medical biller) I have to say I dont think my boss and fellow employees thought I'd hack it. Untill I realized I was digging my own grave, and making my dream job miserable. Lol, finally my boss said in passing "do what you can, leave it on your desk at the end of the day and it will be there to start fresh in the am" dont stress. Well DUH!!! Hello here I was never thinking enough was never enough, have to do more, this or that took too long, this deadline is comming up, and that goal has to be meet. All valid things but for everyone, I realize THAT will always be the case.... THAT i cant change... I CAN change how I am and appoach it. Yeah still get stressed, but not to the point I or anyone around me is affected. GROWTH!!
    Chilis... well this taught me patience in a different way, getting hired took a month (4 interview process per CHILIS policy) then because they really didnt need a new server (but I was too good to pass up) and with my schedule training took 3 weeks!! Mind you I came from 11 shifts a week at Sammy's!! During this time I was forced to wait, slow down and trust God.... guess what He came through and taught me a lot!! I LOVE CHILIS, I like/need the extra income but pace myself and refuse to work every night (i cut myself off at a 70 hour week :) )
   I still have a ton to learn, grow and listen to God.... I have 3 huge battles I am struggling with as well personally, but Im getting there.... slowly but surely! Thats all for now, shower and bed but I wanted to get back into blogging and documenting my progress ;)

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me... wanting to work THAT MUCH! Geez! I get mad if i have to work 50 hours a week! LOL. But I do theater... & that's work... but it's my passion! Glad you have learned to not stress so much at your medical billing job! Sounds like God is doing lots & he is always good! :)

    ReplyDelete