Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Freeing my Camellia tree




Freeing my Camellia tree of some sort of nasty overgrown vines was my Monday morning task that I had been putting off for about a month now. I was waiting for warmer weather and Monday proved to be just that as hoped for. I bought some small and I mean small pruning clippers that I thought would work and set out to undertake the challenge. I was not prepared for the Divine message that God planed to reveal in my little yard work. As you can see this had been growing for quite some time I can imagine and not as easy as I thought. I laughed to myself as I try to find a place to begin. This thing is seriously daunting and I quickly asses the volume and already settle that it will probably take me more than just this morning. My tactic is just to randomly start clipping and clipping, pulling just to find NOTHING giving way. This has a root system I find like 15 feet away (really) and I am really wishing I had my husbands machete with me because that would be better suited for this job.
But I dont and this is my only morning off so I keep clipping and using this time to pray. God starts working with me and each vine I clip it means something to me.. a part of me I need to clip. This week we have also been fasting... which ironically was facebook, blogging and pintrest for me. But I reflect how much of my life I still control and havent given to God. I wander what I look like to God, how covered am I with vines? I think to myself... oh who am I kidding I was talking, audible and prob pretty loud to myself actually, "well, Ashley dont get discouraged... your "vines" have been growning for YEARS now too... it takes time to groom..... right? right! Well too my surprise after a while... ehhhh about an hour or so each tug pulled off a hunk, then some more and I started to notice the stuff towering way above was even coming down with it!!! Oh my JOY!!!! I had started enjoying the pruning and just taking it twig by twig just blindly clipping and VOILA.


There is so much more details but lets just say I have never cried so much doing yard work lol!! But oh so great tears of joy feeling Gods hand on me and what he does for us and constantly doing in me. And there I go getting ok with dealing with it slowly and BAM God proves he can tug it all off at once too!! Just get out there with a willing heart and a desire to free your camellia's 
IT"S FREE!!!! God did a great thing Monday morning and see this pretty bush is there to prove it!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Working in the garden is like meditation...and a flower for your effort.

    ReplyDelete