Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another BBLS!!

Ok so this past Sunday was another BBLS!! Bourque, Bish, Loftin Sunday lunch (thats me, my hubs, mom and paw paw for all those others who may tune in. Anyway, I knew I wouldnt be able to spend valentines day with them so I wanted this Sunday to be kinda our Vday dinner. The menu was a  sweet and savory pork tenderloin, creamed spinach and mushroom, roasted potato hearts, and baked stuffed apples for dessert!!!! YUM!!! The thing with these lunches is I try to have them EXTRAVAGANT food, different flavors yet doesn't break the bank and can be done within an hour of getting home from church!!! So in comes the ol crock pot. I have NEVER been a user of this wonderful creation mainly because I love to cook and cherish my time in the kitchen... i love to stir, add, taste, simmer and fuss over my food during the prep process and the "pot" takes all that away. However, it does do miracles like cook a supper tender pork tenderloin while I sleep and go to church and I will have to say after 9 hours lifting that lid gave me much more joy than I anticipated when pure heaven billowed out!!! Score!!!! (my fear is that time and I know it will happen where it will not be such a good surprise inside.... hopefully I'll prolong this as long as possible)

 I LOVE little touches. I think its more than "finishing touches" but more or less adds so much flair and makes ordinary become extraordinary. We are all water drinkers, so no fancy drink required or something to waste time on...... so little red heart ice cubes added just the touch i needed!! I used crystal lite water also to add just a hint of flavor instead of using food coloring. hehe, i think im cute!! :)


Next, I did a quick creamed spinach and mushroom and mom made a green been casserole (my all time fave) but the SHOW stoppers were my roasted hearts and baked apples!!!! oh oh oh my so good!!!!

Roasted Potatoes (Hearts)
http://atreasuredlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/02/roasted-potato-hearts.html
Holy cow look at my potatoes!!!! yes all cut by hand!!!! oh so good and so cute!!! and the stuffed apples stuffed us alright but worth it!! all the flavor and smell of a apple pie but in my opinion better!!

Stuffed baked Apples
It was a short lunch both left at 3:30 cause Paw paw had homework lol for his bible study and mom had a shower to go too but it was awesome none the less and as always it blesses my heart to have them and try to spoil my family in any way I can!!! And lets face it I do it best with food. LOL paw paw said after i handed him this apple and coffee "never know what that little girl puts in front of me, but Im learning its always going to be good!!" Hehe it is funny because I always have to explain what the heck I serve which is half the fun!!! This is what i wanted this to become too. We all eat pretty basic during the week in our ruts so sunday is the day to wake up those taste buds!!!!! lol and get in some added calories that may not be needed but hey its sunday, God wouldn't let something so great to be bad for us right??? Thats my story and im sticking to it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment