Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Midnight snack

Ok I almost hate to admit this but ohhhhhh did i just find a treat!!! what do you make when you are hungry, want something light, filling, sweet, salty and just the thing to scratch that midnight craving??? Feast your eyes on the Pb and C sandwitch and almond and cranberry oatmeal!!!


PB & C Sammy

  • wheat roll slighty buttered and toasted
  • crunchy peanut butter
  • a chunk of white almond bark
  • heat for 22 seconds!!!


Almond and Cranberry Oatmeal
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup quickcooking oatmeal
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • dash of salt
  • 1 Tbs brown sugar
  • handful of craisins
simmer all ingrediants together in small saucepan for about 5-10 mins stirring to make sure it gets creamy then dip that bad boy up and ENJOY!!

                                     

Yes I'm sure u are asking what? And what the heck am I looking at? Well I had these nice little wheat dinner rolls which are the perfect size for any little Sammy in my opinion but I wanted something sweet as well. My first thought was dang I'm out of nutela so I created something even better!!! I just filled this little guy with a nice layer of crunchy peanut butter and then comes the show stopper....... A little slab of almond bark!!!!! Yep that melting stuff is great for other things than dipping strawberries in!!! I have been playing around with tons of ways to use it up (because lets just say I over bought during the Christmas hooray) but this is one of my favs!!! Anyway, so u slide that hunk on the pb Sammy and into the mic for about 15 secs. And out come this wonderful ooy gooy delicious treat!! The crunch of the peanut butter with the soft sweet bread... Well u will just have to try it!!! And the almond bark goes oh so nicely with the flavors and adds a unique twist to it!!!!

This would have satisfied my hunger but I got inspired by the almond flavor so took it a step further and made some oatmeal. Follow the directions of the quick cooking oats but adding some milk to it as well. Cook a bit longer stirring it constantly to get a creaminess out of the oats. I am all about texture and flavor so add some dried cranberries in the pot in the beginning so the can swell up and incorporate in the flavors, then the secret here is a nice splash of " almond extract"!!!!! Yes it is delish and ties the two dishes together in a perfect combo. Top with s sprinkle of brown sugar and dive in!!!!! Oh my belly was so happy. I know almond might think can be skipped up but trust me add that flavor!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment