Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh how I love bulk!!


Ok so I'm busted!!!
No i dont come from a big family, own a restaurant or lol even have kids but yes this kind of shopping and finds makes me so happy!! What you are looking at ..
  • a 27 oz can of el pato tomato sauce (aka WONDERFUL STUFF) josh loves this like salsa and it is great to use for great flavor in cooking. Normally buy the 4 -8 oz cans... Found this big guy for a buck!!!
  • 3 pound tub of cottage cheese... that is one of my many staples
  • ;) 6 jars of apple butter!! ok I didn't need to buy that many but great sale and who can have too much apple butter?
  • 3 lbs of broccoli this is also a weekly buy for me and to buy it like this is a steel ... i cant afford it from anywhere but Sams because of the sheer volume of veggies I eat!!
  • hehe, on that note... 5 pound bag of carrots!! I love it (normally I do the babys but they were out and for $2.98 really?)
  • 7 POUNDS of Ketchup.... for $3.48!!!!!
    Ok that was my trip to Sams which like I said I frequent about one a week or I can push it to once every two weeks if I pay attention to my veggie supply. Typically the trip is standard, spinach, broc, carrots, cottage cheese, gas and some sort of fruit. Mom and I also split alot of stuff which works great for both of us. However, some times I splurge on something or find a ridiculous deal.... in walks my ketchup!!!
Yes I am just walking along the very bare Sams because they are changing locations this week and this massive can of ketchup grabs my eye, at first I laugh and walk away then intrigued I go back to have a look... yup, just 3.48 for this monstrosity of a thing. Well I think, my husband does go though some ketchup so what the heck!!! Now mind you I rarely get a buggy at Sam's when I walk in because they are huge and a pain, however it never fails that I quickly regret it. As you can imagine I am juggling all the above in my arms... awkward and a heavy load to say the least!
    I had the lady a $20 get my 3 something bucks back for all my goodies and try like heck to make it to my car without dropping one or all of my grocieries. Its a 20 lb something load if you werent keeping track of the weights of these things!!!
    The funniest thing was when I got home and proudly showed my husband his "happy" (the ketchup). He often states that there isnt much I do that surprises him anymore as he is very used to my random buys and finds!!! But a 7 pound thing of ketchup was new!!
 I also got a 50 lb bag of dog food.... yep for this little guy!! gotta take care of my boys!!!

Anyways, thats it, just happy about my BIG buys and LITTLE prices!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment